Monday, April 7, 2014

Rendez Vous With A Foodie - Usha Rani of Maha's Lovely Home

Twice a month am introducing newbie bloggers to this immense blogging virtual world, just to showcase their blogs with their guest posts they prepred specially for me and i named the event as Rendez vous with a foodie. Many new fellow bloggers came towards me to join this event and shared their fabulous dishes since ever i started this event. Happy that this event is going successfully since a year. I came to know more about my guest hosts through their replies they shared for my questions along with their guestposts. Each and every posts of my guest hosts are unique in their own way.

Blogging,this immense virtual world is definitely very close to my heart, i gained a bunch of good friends, well wishers and many blogger sisters. My today's guest is also one among them and she was a wonderful person who blogs at Maha's Lovely Home.Actually i crossed her before a year and we became closer to each one through FB. She is one of my sweet sister and a young mom of two cute kids who blogs frequently with healthy stuffs. Her healthy bakes which are completely eggfree,butterfree and sugarfree will definitely makes you awestuck and her collections of foods are just tremendous.Just go through her space, you will get a good collections of beautiful dishes you can dish out without any struggle. I have couples of favourites from her blog and trust me you will definitely enjoy going through her space.


Let's hear from Usha Rani of Maha's Lovely Home..

Iam happy to write a guest post for Priya`s versatile blog where the wonderful lady shares interesting food recipes.. Priya sis is a lovely person n cares very much about other bloggers too..I really admire her cooking and especially baking skills.She is very down to earth,simple and spends her valuable time to write comments in each and every blog almost.Some times I surprise,that how she manages home,kids and blog.I tried few baking recipes from her space and they came out simply yummy.Also,Iam a big fan of her non-vegetarian recipes.Even though she presents a single picture,it says allot about the recipe.To be honest,hubby and kids of priya sis are very lucky on getting such a human being as life partner and mother...Sis,,I wish you all the best to future and to your blog..Keep sharing healthy recipes like this always with full of health and wealth.God bless you and your family for ever..

Actually my guest post was in march,and due to the occasions of my kids in India, I was busy and informed to sis that I can`t mail the post.Without any annoys she extended it and gave a chance to write today.Such a sweet lady..Thank you so much for giving this opportunity and Iam feeling thrilled on sharing a recipe in an amazing blog..Thank you so much once again!!!

1)Tell us about your blog and you?
Me Usha Rani.wife of simple+smiley good  business man and the most Important proud ful  mother of world`s beautiful handsome and sexy boys(MAHADEV N MAHADHIP)..an experimental girl...I write at Mahaslovelyhome which is my cook blog.It`s a very simple blog with south indian and baking recipes(mostly). I share recipes which are easy to cook and saves time mostly.Recently what I observed is more than the traditional n authentic recipes,I have my own creative recipes in my blog. also recently started another blog with name SOME THING HELPFUL where I share blog related techniques,kitchen tips which helps every one...

2)Before and after blogging, tell us what blogging changed your life?
I started my blog in 2011 november.on that time my little son was months baby and up to one year I posted recipes without touching others blogs.that means it was in sleep mode.Again in december(2012) seriously decided to work on it..Blog kept me always busy,made me to think creative,still learning photography,blessed good friends and most Important It made me to feel  that Iam not alone. Because  here in Foz we don`t have any Indian(hindu) people.so, you can imagine my situation..

3)When and what motivated you to blog about food?
When I was new to here(foz) I was depended on few blogs who posts step wise pics too..One fine day while I was in front of the system unexpectedly created my blog with my kids name and later took it serious to work on it..

4)There are a tons of blogs/pages on food these days, what accordingto you is the speciality of your blog and the food you cook?
 what you said is right!!..I observed many blogs.N every year the number is increasing,.It`s really a good improvement..Coming to my case,baking recipes of MLH are healthy n proudly what I feel is  most of the recipes are egg less and butter less.Even though my english is not,I feels happy whenever I write about my kids. :)

5) When it comes to cooking, who is your inspiration?
Inspiration!!!..Cooking is not a civil examination to inspire from others..According to me every woman is a good cook. when she turns into wife post,obviously she cook tasty food with  a  touch of love for her family..After thinking seriously about this question I think my mom, Hubby and my heart and soul are the inspirations.

6)Every newbie blogger faces tons of challenges when its comes to blogging, tell me about one of the challenges you faced and how did you overcome it?Please specify with the facts.
To change the look of blog I suffered allot and using google I(am) learned(ing) about gadgets and widgets which are important to blog.also,I suffered allot for recipe index and blog header.With the help of other blogs and websites I learned at least some thing which  helped my blog.

7)What is your best recipe and your favourite recipes you have blogged till now?
Each n every recipe is my favourite in my blog., a few,chicken dum biryani,ice cream recipes,mango recipes,all diet juices are my favourite.

8)Few tips about food photography?
I think iam unfit to answer this question..Heheehe..even though I handle canon,truly don`t know any thing about photography.But, will share personally what I feel,
1.Use pleasant looking colors kitchen towels.Also If you use veggies or fruits try to assemble fresh ones.
2.Arrange the food(recipe) neatly in the serving bowl(plate)
3.Try to click in day time.means natural light.
4.Click from different angles and click from top positions may looks good(I believe)
5.Keep it simple n don`t load with un necessary stuffs.
6.step wise pics are really helpful .

9)What is your budget for the props,do you have any or else do you manage with your household stuffs?
After deciding to settle down here in foz I started purchasing kitchen materials especially for blog purpose.in the previous two years I purchased allot and I kept blog using stuffs separately.few are high in price too and decided to don`t buy any thing this year.;)

10)How do you plan your blog posts? Do you post rarely,regularly or once a week?
From last year Iam regular in blogging,posting 3-4 recipes per week.even in the 2 last months, when I was in my India trip I arranged scheduled posts and still I have some more posts in draft..But,This year I have some Important promises.So.hope I will be regular same like always.

11)Do you have any other passions apart from food blogging or blogs you own?
Yeah.I love drawing,reading novels+stories,listening music,shopping,watching detective shows n madly watches movies.Nowadays spending some time on FB too.;)

Coming to the recipes,Walnuts are very healthy and less in calories.But sadly my two kids hates to eat those nuts.So,specially for them I prepared this rice by adding big handful walnuts and they liked it very much.For a combination I cooked chicken kurma in south indian style by using coconut as a main ingredient and both are tasted good. 


PREPARATION TIME- 30 MINUTES
COOKING TIME- 20+20 MINUTES

CARROT WALNUT PULAV:

WHAT YOU NEED

Grated carrot-1 cup
chopped  green bell pepper-3/4 cup
canned sweet corn-3/4 cup
walnuts-15
basmati rice-2 cups
red chili powder-1 tsp(as per taste)
salt-to taste
onion-1 med size
biryani garam masala-1 tsp
turmeric powder-1/2 tsp
ginger garlic paste-1/2 tbsp
coconut milk-1/2 cup

TO TEMPER
1 tbsp-oil
1 tbsp-ghee/butter
cardamom pods-3
cloves-4
cinnamon stick-2 inches
shahejeera/black cumin-1 tsp

HOW TO COOK

Heat a pan and dry roast walnuts and break into 4 pieces.Wash rice and soak for 20-25 minutes.

Heat a big pan with oil+ghee and saute Ingredients which given below to temper.

Fry well and throw chopped onion and saute for 2 more minutes in big flame.

Next add carrot,bell pepper and corns and mix well..Add enough salt and let it cook for 2-3 minutes.

Then add GGP,chili powder,turmeric and mix once again..after 2 minutes add coconut milk,masala powder and walnuts..stir once again well.

Then add enough  water and rice and let it cook until rice done.




Chicken Kurma:


WHAT YOU NEED

Chicken boned pieces-900 grams(i used frozen thigh pieces/small drum sticks)
coconut-med size 1/2 kernel
khus khus/poppy seeds-1 tbsp
red chili powder-to taste
salt-to taste
turmeric powder-1/2 tsp
chicken garam masala-1 tsp
ginger garlic paste-1/2 tbsp
mint leaves+cilantro leaves-hand ful
cumin powder-1/2 tsp
onion-1 big
tomato-1 med size
green chili-2 long
yogurt/curd-1/2 cup
coriander powder-1/2 tsp
oil-2 tsbp
cardamoms-3
cloves-4
cinnamon stick-1 inch
bay leaf-1 small
black cumin-1 tsp

HOW TO COOK

Wash twice chicken and remove skin part.Marinate with curd/lemon juice and turmeric,salt,chili,cumin  powder fro 30 minutes at least.

Now heat pressure cooker with oil and fry cardamoms,cloves,cinnamon stick,bay leaf,black cumin for half minute.

Then add chopped onion ,chopped green chili and fry til turns into light browny.Then add chicken and mix well..After 3-5 minutes add chopped tomato to this.mix once.

Now add washed green leaves and mix.pressure cook for 2 whistles in medium flame.

Mean while chop coconut and grind with khus khus by adding lit bit of water.

Once after releasing pressure in cooker turn on again and add coconut mixture and cook for 5 minutes in high flame.stir in between to avoid burning..

Finally add garam masala and and coriander powder.turn off after 5 minutes and throw some more fresh coriander leaves if you have and serve hot with rotis or pulkas.


Hope you all enjoyed this fantastic dishes from Usha, stay tuned for an another beautiful guest post by an another buddy blogger.

15 comments:

Unknown said... Reply To This Comment

Hugs usha and Priya akka.lovely recipe combo and am drooling over walnut rice.n my fav chicken mmm.wow wow

Rafeeda AR said... Reply To This Comment

she is one of the few bloggers i have met personally and i couldn't blv that she and her family had come with a bag full of goodies and I didn't even get a chance to even get her anything! :( she is an amazing character... lovely guest post from her...

Unknown said... Reply To This Comment

awesome recipes and good to know usha sis from this post :)

Ruxana Gafoor said... Reply To This Comment

a lovely guest post...

Priya said... Reply To This Comment

Congrats usha to get ur recipe on priya akkas blog .Very good post and wish akka introduces many more new bloggers .

nandoos kitchen said... Reply To This Comment

nice flavorful rice and kurma. glad to know more about you usha

Fullscoops said... Reply To This Comment

Lovely recipe! And great to come across another wonderful blog!

Hamaree Rasoi said... Reply To This Comment

Glad to know more about Usha and her lovely recipes.
Deepa

Lincyscookart said... Reply To This Comment

Nice Combination, walnut pulao with chicken korma. Love to prepare this for week end lunch. Nice guest post.

great-secret-of-life said... Reply To This Comment

nice healthy recipe.. Love the addition of Walnut..nice guest post

chow and chatter said... Reply To This Comment

nice to meet you and love the addition of walnuts to the rice :0) must try

Unknown said... Reply To This Comment

lovely guest post great to know more about Usha :) such unique recipes too with walnut :) must try it sometime. Hats off aks and Usha

Sundari Nathan said... Reply To This Comment

lovely guest post Usha & fabulous job akka as always!!

www.mahaslovelyhome.com said... Reply To This Comment

feeling kind of flying sis..happy to see my post here in PVS..Thank u once again n all d best.

Unknown said... Reply To This Comment

Lovely guest post.. Wish to be a part of it someday, Priya.. You are a gem of a person and i am lucky to know you through blogger.. :)